The Trenton Police Department is dedicated to the citizens of the City of Trenton! We are a professional community oriented police department whose goal is to ensure the safety of its citizens.
Recognizing that the people of Trenton have made us guardians of the public trust, we realize that crime, disorder, and hazardous conditions present the greatest threats to society, and the responsibility for assisting the public overcoming these threats in our community rests with us.
As society changes, so does the role of public safety. Therefore, our goals and objectives shall be committed to developing and implementing innovative programs to improve the Department’s overall performance. Any such program will encourage community members to become involved and be equal partners in determining how given services are received and providing them in a most effective and efficient manner.
- Warming Center & Shelter @ Sam Naples Senior Center
- 611 Chestnut Avenue
- Sat (12/24) 1PM thru Sun (12/25) 8PM
- Mon (12/26) 1PM-8PM, Tue (12/27) 4PM–8PM
- Transportation Available. Call 609-989-3462
- Refreshments and cots are in place.
- Pets should NOT be left outdoors when temperatures are below 32 degrees.
- Keep pipes from freezing by allowing a steady drip of water from faucets. Expose pipes in unheated areas to household heat.
- Heat Hotline: (609) 989-3560
- Power Outages: 1-800-436-PSEG
During extreme cold weather, the Trenton Police Department will providing a dedicated unit to conduct checks throughout the city for the homeless and transporting them to shelters
The Internal Affairs Unit is now located in the East Police District building located at:
1102 Greenwood Avenue, Trenton, New Jersey 08609.
The contact numbers for the East Police District are as follows:
Main phone number 609-989-4100 Internal Affairs Lieutenant 609-989-4102
Primary Fax number 609-989-4235
Click the links below for more information and to apply for the entry exam online